Translate

Saturday, July 9, 2011

This is Biscuit!  He is a free pattern for you to use, but please give me the credit for designing him.

Requirements for making "Biscuit"!

Knitted short nap fur fabric - a must for this look!


  • Prismacolour pencil - black



  • Three black beads 5mm for eyes and 6mm for nose


  • Scrap of fabric or ribbed ribbon for collar & leash.  Small buckle for collar.

    This is the pattern.  Double click to enlarge.  Right click to print.  In Properties, set to landscape. I made it so it was seven inches tall standing.
    Because I am a novice at soft toy making fabrics, this dog was a happy accident!  If I’d tried to make it like this, it wouldn’t have turned out so well.  This is how I made it!
    Construction notes.
    v Place the pattern pieces on the fabric.  Because it’s knitted, and depending what size stitch you use, the nap is liable to move.  Pin it as much as possible, but little stretches in the fabric will give the fabric a twist, causing the pieces to be an un-uniform fit.  This is what gives the curl in the tail, or the turn of the dogs head and the limbs to look like they are moving.
    v Stuff the pieces and put together in whatever pose you wish – or can!
    v Using Prismacolour pencil black, mark in the eyes, creating shadows.  Also the nose and mouth.  If  the marks need darkening, wet the pencil and rub into the fabric.  Do the same on the back and the tips of the ears and possibly tail.
    v Using the smaller beads, stitch back and forth to create the indent for the eyes and bridge of the nose.
    v The larger bead in the nose – or you can be more creative than I about that!
    v I stitched the ears on, and then bent them forward, anchoring them with thread. 
    v Make a collar.
    v All done – make a pair!  There are two different forelegs for this one!
    Save this to your computer and enlarge to your requirements.

    1 comment:

    Clothmatters said...

    Sharon---I LOVE BISCUIT! I will certainly have to make him to sit on my sewing table. He is so precious. :)
    Connie

    Free Patterns

    Little Blue Penguin

    I designed  this Little Blue Penguin from a poster I saw recently, and felt it captured such a quirky look that gave the creature more chara...